Sopa de fideo



Sopita de fideo yummmm... When my mom had a lot of things going on that day or work late this soup was on the stove ready for us to eat. I wouldn't complain, I knew better than that, plus we were too young to complain so it was either eat what she gave you or starve all day hahaha. They never told us that but I figure that would be the answer. I think this is the reason why I love to try new things, I was okay with that because nothing beats a mothers cooking! 

 This soup is so simple to make and loaded with so many flavors! Tomatoes, onion, and garlic just makes everything taste so flavorful. I will say I did cheat a little and added chicken bouillon, you can always add chicken broth. Get creative with this soup, add your favorite veggies or chicken breast, and a big plus is that you can get more servings! Toddler meal prep??? Is that a thing now hahaha! They also sell this pasta in alphabets so cute!!! You can find the Fideo La Moderna mainly anywhere. They even have it at Target, what a great excuse for a Target run. 
I like mine simple with Queso Fresco and Jalapeno. My favorite time to make this soup is when i have some of grandmothers fresh Queso Fresco. Ahhh I can't get enough! I was saving a little piece just for this soup! The rest I had with beans and pico de gallo. 

Sooo...

I'm just going to leave this right here... 



The ingredients are very simple, trust me you will not spend more than 5 dollars on this meal 





The one trick about this soup is to toast your fideo, trust me toast that fideo! :D
You want to make sure you keep an eye out it will toast quickly. 

(See instructions below)




I eat my soup with corn tortillas and roll them up!



Servings: 4 


Utensils:



Ingredients

Directions:

  1. In a blender blend the water, tomatoes, onion, garlic.
  2. Heat the oil in a Stock pot on medium heat.
  3. Add the Fideo stir and toast until golden brown (image above)
  4. Lower heat when you pour the blended vegetables.
  5. Add the knorr chicken bouillon and let the soup simmer on low to medium heat.
  6. Add your toppings: Queso Fresco and Pickled JalapeƱos ! 
Tips: If you add veggies or chicken breast you will have more servings ;D
If you use chicken broth instead of the chicken bouillon make sure to add salt to taste :) 


I hope you enjoy this simple recipe! If you make this for your fiesta add it to your appetizer table, serve it in small bowls!

Let me know what you like to add to your fideo soup! :)



I'd love to see what you cook!

Tag #CCPARTYFOOD  or @ChampagneConfettiCo if you make this recipe


FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM! 


xo,

Carmen :)


Comments

Popular Posts