Easy Chicken Flautas

This past week has been full of emotions, when I started my business I knew one thing I wanted to do was to bring joy to children in whatever I do. I have a huge plan in mind and always did. I wanted to have annual birthday celebrations for children that don't have their parents anymore and don't get to celebrate their birthdays. I know every year no matter how little our birthday celebrations were I will always remember them. When we used to have birthday cakes with the plastic balloon toys and when the red cake frosting looked so good, but it was made with food coloring that you could taste for days. I know some children don't get to have those memories or have a celebrations due to their circumstances. Wednesday I was able to host a Pinata Workshop for Mrs. Munoz Special Ed Life Skills class, it reminded me and brought me back to thinking what my plan was originally when I started my business. Sometimes we forget what our plans are, what our business and life stands for. I get it the world gets a little crazy sometimes but little things in life will snap you right back. Once I get more information you guys will see me post because I will make this happen :) 

I know everyone is a little busy getting ready for all the birthday party's this weekend because of all the orders we've received. It is a beautiful colorful theme, and shows our culture with food and decor. This is the time you can cook those Mexican dishes and drinks you've been eyeing. It is the best food in the world if I say so myself...it's fare to say right? 






I have made this super easy and affordable dish for your event. These Chicken Flautas are great for appetizers as well, you can lay them out and easy to serve! 
Don't stress about the toppings I didn't make a salsa for this I used ValentinaI mean this salsa is made in the beautiful Guadalajara, Jalisco it is so good we put it on everything!
Sour cream, queso fresco, fresh lettuce, and avocado easy like that! 

Tip: You can buy fresh shredded iceberg lettuce ready and cut for you in any store now. Also for the salsa Valentina The black label is the Hot and gold label is Mild. :) My favorite is the black label, but I keep both in my pantry! 



Cooking your Chicken 

Bring a pot of water to boil add the Chicken breasts, Garlic, Onion, Oregano and Salt 




Assembling your Flautas 

Fry and Drain excess oil  





Servings: 20 Flautas 


Utensils:



Ingredients
  • 3 Chicken breasts
  • 20 Tortillas 
  • 3 Cloves Garlic 
  • 1/2 small Onion
  • 1 tbs Oregano
  • 1/2 tbs Salt 
  • Shredded Iceberg Lettuce 
  • 1 Cup Mexican Cheese Crumbled 
  • 1/2 Cup of Mexican Crema or Crema Salvadorena 
  • Valentina
  • Vegetable oil 
  • Toothpicks
  • Paper Towels 

Directions:

  1. Cooking the Chicken Breast (Image above) Bring a pot of water to boil add the Chicken breasts, Garlic, Onion, Oregano and Salt. This will add so much flavor to your chicken breast.
  2. Shred the chicken breast once is fully cooked, and has cooled off.  
  3. Heat up your tortillas on a griddle for an easy roll (Image above). When tortillas are cold they will break. If you don't own a griddle simply wrap them in a wet paper towel and microwave them for about 1:30 sec Caution they will get hot.
  4. Before you start to roll, heat the oil in a frying pan on high heat
  5. Add the filling on the very end of the tortilla and roll (Image above). 
  6. Place two flautas together once rolled make sure the ends of the tortilla are facing each other to help them close and not open. 
  7. Secure your two flautas with toothpicks as as shown in the image above.
  8. Deep fry the flautas in the already heated oil turning once until golden and crispy.
  9. Drain the excess oil with paper towels and let them cool a little, because the chicken inside will be very hot. (Image above)
  10. Take out the toothpicks Place them in a platter or serve individually. 
  11. Add your toppings : Shredded Lettuce, Mexican Crema, Mexican Cheese Crumbled, Valentina, and top it off with some avocado! 
  12. EAT! :) 




These Flautas are so simple and delicious! You can always add tomato and onion on top! 


I'd love to see what you cook!

Tag #CCPARTYFOOD  or @ChampagneConfettiCo if you make this recipe


FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM! 


xo,

Carmen :)

Comments

Popular Posts