Jamaica Cucumber Margarita




I've been wanting to add an easy drink recipe on the blog and I was finally able to post it. As many of you know I own a online party supply store where I focus on Fiesta items, and let me tell you everyone has gone cinco de mayo crazy. It's ok because I get to create designs and colors that I LOVE! So it's been a little busy over here and what a better way to relax with this delicious drink and so easy to make! I was trying to make a recipe that didn't involve a lot of steps because I know how it can get when you have to get the party ready and make the food. If your like me you just need a refreshing drink to relax and enjoy! 



A lot of times we forget about the drinks, I know I do. In my mind I wanted to create a refreshing and stylish drink, but I always run out of time so I go grab drinks or use the margarita mix. I was thinking of how I could make the process of the hibiscus juice a little better. The first thing I thought of was JARRITOS! They make the most delicious Mexican pops and the Jamaica flavor is just perfect. I wanted to add the cucumber for a refreshing taste and a perfect little snack at the end! I used the Tequila Rey del Mundo Blanco. This tequila is so smooth and light. Perfect for this Margarita!  



Servings: 4

Ingredients

  • 2 Jarritos de jamaica (12.5 oz)
  • 6 oz of Tequila
  • 2 oz of lime juice 
  • 1 oz of simple syrup (cane sugar - cocktail syrup)  you can use any this is the brand I used
  • 1 cucumber 
  • Chamoy
  • Tajin



Utensils:




Directions:

  1. In a pitcher add the Jarritos drink, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila mix all together. Set to the side. 
  2. Peel the cucumber in thin slices with the peeler. You will use the cucumber for decor but trust me it gives it a refreshing taste and a delicious snack after your drink.  (Image below)
  3. Rim your cup: In two separate plates add Chamoy in one and Tajin in the other (Image below)
  4. Pour Ice in each cup then add drink. If the cucumber tries to move just use a straw to push against the cup. 
  5. Drink! :) 
































Dip your cup on Chamoy then on Tajin I use the brand  Chamoy Mega not sweet or spicy just the perfect lemon taste. This brand is sold on Amazon and also a lot of local stores sell this brand. 


I cut about 2 in of the end to make the cucumber smaller all depending on your cups. Peel and with your had push the cucumber against the glass cup. 








Trust me everyone would love this drink! I also I made it look fancy! 

I do have another drink using the hibiscus flower in the works so keep an eye out!




I'd love to see what you cook!

Tag #CCPARTYFOOD  or @ChampagneConfettiCo if you make this recipe


FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM! 


xo,



Carmen :)


Comments

Popular Posts